- The number of tickets on sale is limited and subject to availability.
- Due to the great demand for tickets, advance booking is recommended.
- A maximum of five tickets may be bought per person (except in the case of authorised agents).
- The ticket is only valid on the day of the visit.
Entrance to the Monument:
- Visitors are advised to arrive as soon as possible because a complete tour will take at least three hours.
- Admission to the Monument is restricted to a timetable which has been divided into morning, afternoon or evening sessions, according to the type of ticket purchased (see types of tickets). Visitors are advised to take into account the assigned time of admission to the Nasrid Palaces and organise their visit accordingly.
- Visitors without tickets should acquire them from the ticket office situated in the Entrance Pavilion and from there visit the Alcazaba, the Nasrid Palaces and then the Generalife.
- Visitors who already have tickets are advised to enter the grounds through the Justice Gate (Puerta de la Justicia).
Entrance to the Nasrid Palaces:
- Due to the limited maximum capacity of this area (300 people each half hour) entrance is strictly limited to the half an hour shown on the ticket. Visitors will be refused admission if the visit is not taken within the stated time.
- Last admission to this area is one hour before closing time. Visitors are recommended to begin their itinerary with the Generalife and the Alcazaba, as a tour of the Palaces takes at least half an hour. Visitors will be asked to leave the grounds at closing time.
Basic rules of admission to the Monument:
Visitors should observe the following regulations during their visit:
- Entry with large rucksacks or bags is prohibited.
- No smoking in the Palaces or enclosed areas.
- Photography using a tripod is prohibited.
- Food and drink may not be consumed outside the designated refreshment areas.
- Observe the rules and follow the signs.
- DO NOT TOUCH THE DECORATIONS ON THE WALLS.
- DO NOT TOUCH OR LEAN ON THE COLUMNS AND ARCHITECTURAL PILLARS.
- DO NOT TOUCH THE PLANTS IN THE GARDENS.
- TAKE CARE NOT TO FALL.
- Use the litter bins provided, do not leave litter. Help to keep the Monument clean.
- Do not drink the water from the ornamental fountains and springs, there are plenty of drinking water fountains available.
- Out of consideration and respect for others it is requested that visitors behave and dress appropriately at all times. Please avoid crowding or raising ones voice.
- 30 is the maximum number of visitors allowed per group plus an authorised guide or group leader.
- Given the limited amount of space in some areas, it is recommended that guides refrain from giving explanatory information in the following places: Hall of the Two Sisters (Sala de las Dos Hermanas) and the Northern Gallery of the Generalife (Galeria Norte del Generalife).
- In confined places the security guards may ask people to move on when overcrowding occurs.
- During the evening visit the use of a flash may dazzle and be of a nuisance to other visitors, therefore it is not allowed. It will also distract from the serenity of the scene found in the gently lit interiors.
Infringements and Disciplinary Measures:
- The sale and resale of tickets is prohibited in the entrances or within the environs of the Alhambra and the Generalife.
- It is forbidden to forge entrance tickets to the Alhambra and Generalife.
- Please do not give any kind of tip or gift to the staff of the Alhambra and Generalife Trust because it is not allowed.
- Visitors must obey the rules and signs shown along the pathways and follow the instructions of the security guards.
- Visitors are requested to be considerate and pay attention to the security guards.
- Any visitor who fails to comply with these guide lines, such as not paying attention to the security guards, will be escorted from the grounds of the Monument. The cost of the ticket will not be refunded.
- In addition to the specific regulations, the Alhambra and Generalife Trust also reserve the right to take appropriate legal proceedings against any offender.
The rules and regulations for visiting the Monument were passed in a meeting of the Alhambra Trust, published in the BOJA number 30 on the 13th February 2003.
Source: Patronato of the Alhambra and Generalife.